Important: Download the sample CSV file by clicking here or in the attachment below. Copy and paste your data into the GeniusOne® supplied CSV file. Do not change any column names in the first row as this is the identifier for the data. The CSV upload will fail if the column names are modified in any way.
Mandatory Fields in Red
Fields and their description for the CSV file
- Unique ID - Leave it blank if uploading students for the first time. This will be created and assigned automatically by the system
- First Name - Student First Name
- Middle Name - Student Middle Name
- Last Name - Student Last Name
- DOB - For North America (US and Canada) please follow the format as MM/DD/YYYY (e.g; 12/31/2011). For the UK and Rest of the World, use DD/MM/YYYY (e.g; 31/12/2011). Both of these would translate to 31 December 2011.
- Important: When you download the sample csv file and open it, it would open in your local excel or other worksheet application on your system. The Date format to then default to the format that you have on your system (PC/Laptop/Mac). Make sure the date year is a 4 digit (YYYY) rather than 2 digits (YY) else the upload would fail with incorrect data. To make sure the date is saved in the correct format, save the file with the data and close it. Open it again and all the dates should appear correctly as entered with the DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY. If the date isn't in one of these formats please check the settings on your system/worksheet application.
- Group - If you are adding a Group in the CSV file please make sure you have added the same data in GeniusOne using ADD GROUPS under the People Menu. The Group data should be added to GeniusOne before uploading student data
- School Year - The school year follows the following pattern: If the school year you need is not on the list, please raise a ticket to request.
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
- Year 13
- Adult Student
- Notes - Any notes you want to associate with the student
- Reference - Any other reference number. For e.g., this could be your KSIS reference
- Primary Parent Email – The Primary Parent Email is used to identify and group the Family. Therefore, it is extremely important to verify that the email supplied is correct. The Primary Parent Email should be the same email which is used for Bulk Uploading Family Data. If the Primary Parent Email does not match, the grouping of Parent/Guardian and Students will not be visible in GeniusOne. You will then need to reupload the Student / Family Data with the correct Primary Email or use the Link feature in GeniusOne to Link Students to a Family.
After you upload the file, you will be presented with a review screen where you can review and correct any data you need. Any rows highlighted in Red mean that row has an error in one of the fields. The upload button will be disabled until all the errors have been cleared. Click on the Upload button and this will then upload all the student data at once.
Family/Parent Data can also be uploaded in a similar way.
Remember: You can also update student information in bulk using the CSV file upload. To do this export the student data from GeniusOne®. Open the downloaded file. This file should contain all your student data. Do Not Delete the Unique ID Column data. Change any other data you want and re-upload the same file using the Bulk upload. GeniusOne® will bulk update the data based on the changes you have made in the file.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article